About Derek & Jo
We could write a book about our adventures so far and, in fact we just might do that one day.
Meanwhile, here are some of the highlights:
- Derek & Jo established and ran The Holistic Equitation Centre for 11 years
- Derek is a licenced instructor of Philippe Karl's School of Légèreté
- They have hosted and organised Philippe Karl's clinics and courses in the UK since 2011
- Jo is a qualified remedial saddle fitter
- Derek coached a gold medal winning rowing team at the 1996 Olympic Games in Atlanta, USA
- Jo qualified as an Applied Equine Podiatrist in 2006
- Jo is an Olympic finalist
- 12 years ago Jo overcame "terminal" brain cancer
- Derek & Jo lived in Switzerland for 5 years
- Jo loves gardening for wildlife
- Derek once had dinner and a few beers with a prince
- Derek & Jo share their home with a Spanish cat, Katy
Learn how to develop a calm, happy, healthy horse who's a pleasure to ride.